For employers who are new to the workers' compensation system or who need a refresher. The focus of these seminars will be on providing introductory information for employers in the workers' compensation system.
Intro to WorkSafeBC & Employment Standards
If your business has employees or may have employees in the future you need to know about Workers' Compensation (WorkSafeBC - WCB) and B.C. Employment Standards and how they apply to your business.
WorkSafeBC (WCB) topics include:
• Mandate and authority of the Workers' Compensation Board;
• Legal rights and responsibilities of employers;
• WorkSafeBC definitions of employer, worker, manager, supervisor, etc.
Employment Standards topics include:
• Basic standards and responsibilities;
• Determining an employee, a manager, or independent contractor;
• Wage rates, pay statements, and record keeping.
Intro to WorkSafeBC
This seminar provides information on claims management, assessments and occupational health and safety. This seminar is of particular interest to newly registered employers.Go to Intro to WorkSafeBC